From The Alpha and the Omega - Chapter Six
by Jim A. Cornwell, Copyright © 1995, all rights reserved
"Generations of Jesus Christ -
Astronomical references to the upcoming Age of Aquarius"
The following is a note of interest in Richard H. Allen's work:
- Adam began the 7th Age of Cancer.
- Noah was the 8th generation in the 8th Age of Gemini with 8 persons on the Ark.
- Abram was the 9th from Noah in the 9th Age of Taurus.
- The mystery of Abram to Abraham flowed into the 10th Age of Aries
where eventually Moses was the initiator by way of Divine intervention
of the 10 Plagues and the 10 Commandments,
at which point Judah was 10 generations from David (the stem of Jesse).
- Luke’s genealogy shows from David (by way of Nathan)
there were 11 groups of 5 verses or 55 generations
to the birth of Jesus in the 11th Age of Pisces.
Actually Luke 3:25 begins with Naum the first generation
of the 11th Age leading to 11 generations to Jesus Christ.
If we add the 3 generations before Judah (Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) the total is 58.
The genealogy of Jesus Christ in Matthew 1:17 has great significance in that there were
3 groups of fourteen generations or 42 from Abraham to King David (by way of Solomon)
and to the Exile then the birth of Jesus.
Thus 58 generations in one lineage and 42 in the other lineage leaves a variance of 16.
"The Jewish Nisan, our March-April, was associated with Aries, for Josephus said that it was when the sun was here in this month that his people were released from the bondage of Egypt; and so was the same month Nisanu of Assyria, where Aries represented the Altar and the Sacrifice, a ram usually being the victim. Hence the prominence given to this sign in antiquity even before its stars became the leaders of the rest; although Berossos and Macrobius attributed this to the ancient belief that the earth was created when the sun was within its boundaries; and Albumasar, of the 9th century [This author, known also as 'Abu Ma'shar and Ja'phar, was from Balh' in Turkestan, celebrated as an astrologer and quoted by Al Biruni, but with the caution that he was a very incorrect astronomer.
The Lenox Library of New York has a copy of his Opus introductorii in astronomia Albumazaris abalachi, Idus Februarii, 1489, published at Venice with illustrations. Its similarity to the Hyginus of the preceding year would indicate that they issued from the same press.], in his devolution of Years wrote of the Creation as having taken place when "the seven planets" — the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn — were in conjunction here, and foretold the destruction of the world when they should be in the same position in the last degree of Pisces."
So as seen in this statement the position in the last degree of Pisces, whereas we can see the second fish below lining up with the year 2238 A.D., which is well into the age of Aquarius.
To go on to the subject of predictions in The Tribulation is the Big Question.
- If the year 1950 A.D. is subtracted by 864 years (Second Day of 2 Peter 3:8) we arrive around the year 1086 A.D. during the Middle Ages (Crusades).
- From here we could subtract the year 70 A.D. (Temple destruction) from 1086 A.D. to equate to 1,016 years (representing the First Day of 2 Peter 3:8).
- If the First Day is 1,016, then if two days to the Lord is equal to 2,000 years then the Second Day will not end till after the year 2070.
(2000 minus 1016 = 984 and is 120 years beyond the year 1950 A.D.)
- The year 2,102 A.D. would be the maximum for the ending of the Second Day, at which point the Third Day begins for Israel to be revived.
Understand that these above date figures could be in error by as much as plus or minus three years or 25 years as to the star positions in the future.
This file updated on July 15, 2008.
Return to the Table of Contents or the Home Page